이 문서에서는 영국 BBC의 SF 드라마 <닥터 후>의 주인공인 닥터의 열 번째 인생에서 나왔던 대사를 모아놓았다. 10대 닥터는 데이비드 테넌트가 연기하였으며 2005년부터 2010년까지 출연하였다.<닥터 후>는 소설이나 오디오 드라마처럼 다른 매체로 발행되는 경우도 있지만 이를 공식 스토리에 포함시켜야 할지에 대해선 논란이 있으므로, 본 문서에서는 텔레비전을 통해 방영된 에피소드만을 인용하였다.
- "Allons-y!" (알롱지!)
- "Brilliant!" (훌륭해!)
- "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." (미안해요. 정말 미안해요)
- "Oh, yes!" (아, 그래!)
- "What? What?? WHAT?!" (뭐야? 뭐야?? 뭐야?!)
- "Run!" (뛰어요!)
- "Molto bene!" (몰토 베네!)
The Parting of the Ways [1.13][편집]
- (2005년 6월 18일)
- The Doctor [first words after regenerating]: Hello! Oka-- [gulp, nauseated expression] New teeth. That's weird. So where was I? Oh, that's right: Barcelona! [grins]
- 닥터: 안녕! 그래- [꿀꺽, 넘어오는 소리] 이빨이 새거야. 이상해. 그래서 어디까지 했더라? 아 맞다. 바르셀로나! [피식]
- (2005년 11월 18일)
- The Doctor: Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!
"닥터: 전부 다 본 것 같지? 다시 생각해봐. 저 문 밖에 모든 것을 볼지도 몰라. 새로운 세상에, 무시무시한 몬스터에, 불가능한 사건들을 마주할 수 있어. 혹시라도 나와 함께 간다면... 똑같은 건 절대로 없을 거야!
The Christmas Invasion [2.X][편집]
- (2005년 12월 25일)
- (15 April 2006)
Tooth and Claw [2.2][편집]
- (2006년 4월 22일)
School Reunion [2.3][편집]
- (2006년 4월 29일 방영)
The Girl in the Fireplace [2.4][편집]
- (2006년 5월 6일 방영)
Rise of the Cybermen [2.5][편집]
- (13 May 2006)
- [Mickey is gingerly holding down a button on the TARDIS console.]
- The Doctor: [smiling] Umm... what are you doing that for?
- Mickey: 'Cos you told me to.
- The Doctor: [smile slowly fades] When was that?
- Mickey: About half an hour ago.
- The Doctor: [sheepish] Umm... you can let go now.
- [Mickey lets go to an audible 'bleep' from the TARDIS. Rose quietly giggles.]
- Mickey: How long has it been since I could've stopped?
- The Doctor: Ten minutes? Twenty? Twenty-nine?
- Jackie: Have a look! [she shows him a banner that says "Happy 40th Birthday"]
- Pete: What's wrong with that?
- Jackie: 40! It says 40!
- Pete: You are forty!
- Jackie: Well, I don't want the whole world telling, do I?
- Pete: You're having a party tonight!
- Jackie: My thirty-ninth! My official biography says I was born on the same day as Cuba Gooding, Jr., and that makes me thirty-nine, thank you very much.
- The Doctor: If you want to know what's going on, work in the kitchen.
- [The Doctor gestures towards one of the guests, the President of Great Britain.]
- The Doctor: According to Lucy, that man over there...
- Rose Tyler: Who is Lucy?
- The Doctor: She's carrying the salmon pinwheels. [nods towards a waitress on the other side of the room]
- Rose Tyler: Oh, that's Lucy, isn't it?
- The Doctor: Yeah. Lucy says that that is the President of Great Britain.
- Rose Tyler: What, there's a "President", not a "Prime Minister"?
- The Doctor: Seems so.
- Rose Tyler: Or maybe Lucy's just a bit thick.
- Cyberman: Upgrading is compulsory.
- President: And if I refuse?
- The Doctor: [muttering] Don't.
- President: What if I refuse?
- The Doctor: I'm telling you, don't!
- President: What happens if I refuse?
- Cyberman: Then you are not compatible.
- President: What happens then?
- Cyberman: You will be deleted. [The Cyberman electrocutes the President]
The Age of Steel [2.6][편집]
- (20 May 2006)
- Pete Tyler: I thought I was broadcasting to the Security Services - what do I get? Scooby-Doo and his gang! They've even got the van!
- Mickey: No, no, no, but the Preachers know what they're doing. Ricky said he's London's Most Wanted.
- Ricky: Yeah, that's not exactly...
- Mickey: Not exactly what?
- Ricky: I'm London's Most Wanted for... parking tickets.
- Pete Tyler: Great...!
- Ricky: Yeah, they were deliberate. I was fighting the system! Park anywhere, that's me.
- The Doctor: Good policy. I do much the same.
- The Doctor: Human race. For such an intelligent lot, you aren't half susceptible. Give anyone a chance to take control, and you submit. Sometimes I think you like it. Easy life.
- The Doctor: Oh, Lumic, you're a clever man. I'd call you a genius, except I'm in the room. But everything you've invented, you did to fight your sickness. And that's brilliant. That is so human. But once you get rid of sickness and mortality, then what's there to strive for, eh? The Cybermen won't advance, you'll just stop! You'll stay like this forever. A metal Earth with metal men and metal thoughts, lacking the one thing that makes this planet so alive: people! Ordinary, stupid, brilliant people!
- Mickey: Then let's go liberate France.
- Jake: [incredulous] What, in a van?
- Mickey: There's nothing wrong with a van. I once saved the universe with a big yellow truck!
The Idiot's Lantern [2.7][편집]
- (27 May 2006)
- Rose: Where're we off to?
- The Doctor: Ed Sullivan TV studios. Elvis did "Hound Dog" on one of the shows, there were loads of complaints. Bit of luck, we'll just catch it.
- Rose: And that would be TV studios in... what, New York?
- The Doctor: That's the one.
- [A red double-decker bus goes by. The Doctor hits the brakes.]
- Rose: Ha ha! Dig that New York vibe.
- The Doctor: Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me. Sort of a London-y New York, mind you, but...
- The Doctor: Hold on a minute. You've got hands, Mr. Connolly. Two big hands. So why's that your wife's job?
- Eddie: Well it's housework, isn't it?
- The Doctor: And that's a woman's job?
- Eddie: Of course, it is!
- The Doctor: Mr. Connolly, what gender is the Queen?
- Eddie: She's a female.
- The Doctor: And are you suggesting that the Queen does the housework?
- Eddie: [eyes widening] No! No, not at all!
- The Doctor: Then, get busy!
- Eddie Connolly: Now you listen here, Doctor. You may have fancy qualifications, but what goes on under my roof is my business!
- The Doctor: A lot of people are being bundled into--
- Eddie Connolly: [fiercely] I am TALKING!
- The Doctor: [stands up and matches Eddie] AND I'M NOT LISTENING!!
- [Eddie backs up, gobsmacked. Everyone else in the room looks completely taken aback]
- The Doctor: Now you, Mr. Connolly — you are staring into a deep, dark pit of trouble if you don't let me help! So I'm ordering you - SIR! - tell me what's going on!
- D.I. Bishop: We just found another one. [brings in the latest victim: Rose, her face covered by a blanket]
- The Doctor: [furious] What?! They left her where?
- D.I. Bishop: The street.
- The Doctor: They took her face and just chucked her out in the street. As a consequence, that makes this simple... very, very simple. Because now, Detective Inspector Bishop, there is no power on this earth that can stop me!
The Impossible Planet [2.8][편집]
- (3 June 2006)
- The Doctor: [talking about the TARDIS] I don't know what is wrong with her, she's sort of... queasy, indigestion... like she didn't want to land.
- Rose: [deadpan] Well if you think that's gonna be trouble, we can always get back inside and go somewhere else.
- [The Doctor and Rose laugh.]
- The Doctor: I've trapped you here.
- Rose: [sarcastically] Oh, don't worry about me. [There is a rumble overhead.] Okay... we're under a black hole... on a planet which shouldn't exist, with no way out. Right, I've changed my mind—start worrying about me.
- Ida: Well, we've come this far, there's no turning back.
- The Doctor: Oh, come on! Did you have to? "No turning back", that's almost as bad as "Nothing could possibly go wrong", or "This is gonna be the best Christmas Walford's ever had!"
- Ida: [frustrated] Have you finished?
- The Doctor: Yeah. Finished.
The Satan Pit [2.9][편집]
- (10 June 2006)
- The Doctor: [The Beast] is playing on very basic fears. Darkness, childhood, nightmares, all that sort of stuff.
- Danny: But that's how the devil works!
- The Doctor: Or a good psychologist.
- The Doctor: You get representations of the horned beast right across the Universe. In the myths and legends of a million worlds: Earth, Draconia, Vel Considene, Daemos, the Kaled God of War: it's the same image, over and over again. Maybe that idea came from somewhere, bleeding through, a thought at the back of every sentient mind.
- Ida: Emanating from here?
- The Doctor: Could be.
- Ida: But if this is the original, does that make it real? Does that make it the actual Devil?!
- The Doctor: Well, if that's what you want to believe. Maybe that's what the Devil is in the end: an idea.
- The Doctor: [about to let go of the cable and fall into the Pit, probably never to return] If you get back in touch... if you talk to Rose... just tell her... tell her I... Oh, she knows.
- [The Doctor lets go of the cable and falls into the Pit.]
- The Doctor: [about Rose] I've seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods; out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing... just one thing... I believe in her.
- Toby Zed: [possessed by the Beast for the last time] I am the rage, and the bile, and the ferocity! I am the Prince, and the fool, and the agony! I am the sin, and the fire, and the darkness! [opens his mouth and breathes fire] I shall never die! The thought of me is forever; in the bleeding hearts of men, in their vanity, obsession, and lust! Nothing shall ever destroy me! Nothing!
- Rose: [aiming a yellow-stripped Boltgun] Go to hell. [Rose fires at the ship viewscreen, causing it to suck Toby (and the Beast) out of the ship and into outer space.]
Love & Monsters [2.10][편집]
- (17 June 2006)
- [Inside a launderette, Elton needs to befriend Jackie in in order to locate her daughter Rose]
- Elton: [voice-over] I'd been trained for this. Victor Kennedy's classes covered basic surveillance and espionage. Step one: engage your target. Find some excuse to start a conversation. But how was I gonna do this? How?
- Jackie: Excuse me love, you couldn’t give us a quid for two fifties, could you?
- Elton: Yeah... Just a... ah, da-da!
- Jackie: Oh lovely! Cheers.
- Elton: [voice-over] Step two: without provoking suspicion, get on first name terms with the target.
- Jackie: My name's Jackie. By the way.
- Elton: I'm Elton.
- Jackie: Ah, you don’t meet many Eltons, do you? Apart from the obvious!
- [They both laugh]
- Elton: [voice-over] Step three: ingratiate yourself with a joke or some humourous device.
- Jackie: I tell you what, Elton. Here we are, complete strangers, and I’m flashing you me' knickers!
- Elton: [voice-over] Step four: find some subtle way to integrate yourself into the target’s household.
- Jackie: Mind you, I’m only down here because my washing machine’s knackered. I don’t suppose you’re any good at fixing things, are you?
- The Doctor: [Upon appearing from the TARDIS. To Elton.] Someone wants a word with you.
- Rose: [angrily] You upset my mum!
- Elton: [glances at the Abzorbaloff] Great big absorbing creature from outer space, and you're having a go at me?
- Rose: No one upsets my mum.
- Abzorbaloff: See, I've read about you, Doctor. I've studied you. So passionate, so sweet: you wouldn't let an innocent man die! And I'll absorb him unless you give yourself to me!
- The Doctor: Sweet, maybe... Passionate, I suppose... But don't ever mistake that for nice.
- Elton: When you're a kid, they tell you it's all, "Grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better. (picks up the paving slab Ursula Blake's face is engraved onto, then leaves)
- (24 June 2006)
- The Doctor:[Kneeling on the grass with his hand out, in spaced-out voice] Mmmm... tickles...
- Dame Kelly Holmes Close resident: [To the Doctor, who is crouched on his lawn] What's your game?
- The Doctor:[Turning round quickly] Snakes and Ladders? Quite good at... squash? I'm being facetious, I... There's no call for it.
- The Doctor: [Backing away] I'm a... I'm a police officer, that's what I am! I've got a badge, and a police car, and I can prove it! I've got—[shows psychic paper]
- Dame Kelly Holmes Close resident: We've had plenty of coppers poking around here, and you don't look or sound like any of them.
- The Doctor: [indicating Rose] See? Look, I've got a colleague. Lewis.
- Dame Kelly Holmes Close resident: Well, she looks less like a copper than you do.
- The Doctor: Trainee. New recruit. It was either that or hairdressing.
- Kel: You just took a council axe from a council van, and now you're digging up a council road! I'm reporting you to the council!
- Rose: You know what, they keep trying to split us up, but they never, ever will.
- The Doctor: Never say never, ever.
- Rose: Nah, we'll always be all right, you and me. Don't you think? Doctor?
- The Doctor: Something in the air. Something's coming. A storm's approaching...
Army of Ghosts [2.12][편집]
- (1 July 2006)
- Rose: (voice-over) Planet Earth. This is where I was born. And this is where I died. The first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all, not ever. And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.
- The Doctor: [with Rose on an alien planet] How long are you going to stay with me?
- Rose: Forever.
- Rose: (voice-over) Well, that's what I thought. But then came the Army of Ghosts. Then came Torchwood and the war. That's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died.
- Jackie: You're always doing this, reducing it to science. Why can't it be real? Just think of it, though. All the people we've lost, our families, coming back home. Don't you think it's beautiful?
- The Doctor: I think it's horrific.
- Yvonne Hartman: You always travel with a companion. There's no point hiding anything. Not from us. So where is she?
- The Doctor: Yes. Sorry, good point. She's just a bit shy, that's all.
- [The Doctor opens the door to the TARDIS, where Rose and Jackie are hiding and grabs Jackie, pulling her out.]
- The Doctor: But here she is, Rose Tyler! Hm, she's not the best I've ever had. Bit too blonde. Not too steady on her pins. A lot of that [makes a movement with his hand to indicate she talks too much] And just last week she stared into the heart of the time vortex and aged 57 years. But she'll do.
- Jackie: I'm forty!
- The Doctor: Deluded. Bless. I'll have to trade her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea. Well, when I say "very good" I mean not bad. Well, I say "not bad"—anyway, lead on. Allons-y! But not too fast. Her ankle's going.
- Jackie: [enraged] I'll show you where my ankle's going!
- Yvonne Hartman: Her Majesty created the Torchwood Institute with the express intention of keeping Britain great and fighting the alien horde.
- The Doctor: But if I’m the enemy, does that mean I'm a prisoner?
- Yvonne Hartman: Oh, yes. But we'll make you perfectly comfortable.
- Yvonne Hartman: [confused] Well, if that's Rose Tyler, who's she?!
- Jackie: [indignant] I'm her mother!
- Yvonne Hartman: Oh, you travel with her mother?!
- Jackie: He kidnapped me!
- The Doctor: Please, when Torchwood comes to write my complete history, don't tell people I travelled through time and space with her mother!
- [Yvonne chuckles]
- Jackie: [annoyed] Charming!
- The Doctor: I've got a reputation to uphold!
- The Doctor: So you find the breach, probe it, the sphere comes through. Six hundred feet above London, bam. It leaves a hole in the fabric of reality. And that hole, you think, "Oh, shall we leave it alone? Shall we back off? Shall we play it safe? Nah," you think, "let's make it bigger!"
- Yvonne Hartman: It's a massive source of energy. If we can harness that power, we need never depend on the Middle East again. Britain will become truly independent. But you can see for yourself. Next Ghost Shift's in two minutes.
- The Doctor: Cancel it.
- Yvonne Hartman: I don't think so.
- The Doctor: [more angry] I'm warning you, cancel it!
- Yvonne Hartman: Oh, exactly as the legends would have it. The Doctor, lording it over us, assuming alien authority over the Rights of Man!
- The Doctor: Let me show you. Sphere comes through. [points the sonic screwdriver at a glass wall, creating a hole with cracks spreading around it] But when it made the hole, it cracked the world around it. The entire surface of this dimension splintered. And that's how the ghosts get through, that's how they get everywhere - they're bleeding through the fault lines! Walking from their world, across the Void, and into yours, with the human race hoping and wishing and helping them along. But too many ghosts, and... [taps the glass, and it shatters]
- (1 July 2006)
- Dalek Thay: Identify yourselves.
- Cyberman: You will identify first.
- Dalek Thay: State your identity!
- Cyberman: You will identify first.
- Dalek Thay: IDENTIFY!!
- Mickey: [muttering] It's like Stephen Hawking meets the speaking clock.
- Cyberman: Our species are similar, though your design is inelegant.
- Dalek Thay: Daleks have no concept of elegance.
- Cyberman: This is obvious.
- Cyber Leader: Daleks, be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.
- Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control!
- Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?
- Dalek Sec: Four.
- Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
- Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You are superior in only one respect.
- Cyber Leader: What is that?
- Dalek Sec: You are better at dying.
- Dalek Jast: This male registers as enemy.
- Dalek Sec: The female's heartbeat has increased!
- Mickey: [wryly] Yeah, tell me about it.
- Dalek Sec: Identify him!
- Rose: All right then. You really want to know? That's the Doctor.
- [The Daleks recoil at the mention of the Doctor.]
- Rose: Five million Cybermen? Easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared.
- Pete: Look at it, a world of peace. They're calling this the Golden Age.
- The Doctor: Who's the President now?
- Pete: A woman called Harriet Jones.
- The Doctor: Ooh, I'd keep an eye on her...
- Pete: But it's a lie. Temperatures have risen by two degrees in the past six months. The ice caps are melting. They're saying all this is going to be flooded. That's not just global warming, is it?
- The Doctor: No.
- Pete: It's the breach.
- The Doctor: I've been trying to tell you - travel between parallel worlds is impossible! The Daleks break down the walls with their sphere...
- Pete: "Daleks"?
- The Doctor: ...then the Cybermen travel across, then you lot. Those discs - every time you jump from one reality to another, you rip a hole in the universe! This planet is starting to boil! Keep going and both worlds will fall into the Void!
- Dalek Sec: The Doctor will open the Ark!
- The Doctor: [chuckles] The Doctor will not.
- Dalek Sec: You have no way of resisting!
- The Doctor: Mm, you got me there. [pulls out his sonic screwdriver.] Although, there is always this.
- Dalek Sec: A sonic probe?
- The Doctor: That's screwdriver!
- Dalek Sec: It is harmless.
- The Doctor: Oh, yes. Harmless is just the word. That's why I like it! Doesn't kill, doesn't wound, doesn't maim. But I'll tell you what it does do. It is very good at opening doors. [The Doctor activates the screwdriver and the doors explode inwards; Jake's squad and some Cybermen enter and open fire.]
- [The Doctor is projecting a hologram into the parallel world containing Rose]
- Rose: Where are you?
- The Doctor: Inside the TARDIS. There's one tiny little gap in the universe left, just about to close. And it takes a lot of power to send this projection; I'm in orbit around a supernova. I'm burning up a sun, just to say goodbye.
- The Doctor: Rose Tyler. Defender of the Earth. You're dead, officially, back home. So many people died that day, and you've gone missing. You're on a list of the dead. Here you are, living a life day after day. The one adventure I can never have.
- Rose: (breaking down) Am I ever gonna see you again?
- The Doctor: You can't.
- Rose: What are you gonna do?
- The Doctor: Oh, I've got the TARDIS. Same old life, last of the Time Lords.
- Rose: On your own?
- [The Doctor nods his head]
- Rose: I... I love you.
- The Doctor: Quite right, too. And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it... Rose Tyler...
- [The transmission cuts]
The Runaway Bride [3.X][편집]
- (2006년 12월 25일)
Smith and Jones [3.1][편집]
- (2007년 3월 31일)
The Shakespeare Code [3.2][편집]
- (7 April 2007)
- (14 April 2007)
Daleks in Manhattan [3.4][편집]
- (21 April 2007)
Evolution of the Daleks [3.5][편집]
- (28 April 2007)
The Lazarus Experiment [3.6][편집]
- (5 May 2007)
- (19 May 2007)
Human Nature [3.8][편집]
- (26 May 2007)
The Family of Blood [3.9][편집]
- (2 June 2007)
- (2007년 6월 9일)
- (16 June 2007)
The Sound of Drums [3.12][편집]
- (23 June 2007)
Last of the Time Lords [3.13][편집]
- (2007년 6월 30일)
- (16 November 2007)
- The Tenth Doctor: [Offering his sonic screwdriver.] Need this?
- The Fifth Doctor: No, I'm fine.
- The Tenth Doctor: Oh, no, of course. You liked to go hands free, didn't you? Like, "Hey, I'm the Doctor. I can save the universe using a kettle and some string. And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"
- The Tenth Doctor: You know, I loved being you. Back when I first started, at the very beginning, I was always trying to be old and grumpy and important — like you do, when you're young. And then, I was you. And it was all dashing about and playing cricket and my voice going all squeaky when I shouted. I still do that, the voice thing, I got that from you. Oh, and the trainers. And... [puts his glasses on] snap! 'Cos you know what, Doctor? You were my Doctor.
- [Five beams and tips his hat to his future self.]
- The Fifth Doctor: To days to come.
- The Tenth Doctor: All my love to long ago. [bows]
Voyage of the Damned [4.X][편집]
- (25 December 2007)
- [The Doctor stares in disbelief at the ship that has crashed into the TARDIS.]
- The Doctor: What? What?!
- [He picks a fallen life ring up off the floor. Emblazoned on it is the word: TITANIC.]
- The Doctor: What?
- Mr. Copper: I shall be taking you to Old London town in the country of UK, ruled over by Good King Wenceslas. Now, human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner, like savages.
- [Knowing full well that that is not the truth, the Doctor raises his hand.]
- The Doctor: 'Scuse me? [Mr. Copper looks at him.] Sorry, sorry, but, um... where did you get all this from?
- Mr. Copper: Well, I have a First Class Degree in Earthonomics.
- Rickston Slade: Hang on a minute. Who put you in charge? And who in the hell are you, anyway?
- The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below.
- [Everyone looks at him in awe]
- The Doctor: You got a problem with that?
- Slade: [stunned] ...No.
- The Doctor: In that case... allons-y!
- Mr. Copper: [on the subject of Christmas] It's a festival of violence! They say that human beings only survive depending on whether they've been good or bad! It's barbaric!
- The Doctor: Actually, that's not true. Christmas is a time of, of peace, and thanksgiving, and... ohh, what am I on about? My Christmases are always like this!
- [The Doctor is cornered by four Angel Hosts in the kitchen.]
- The Doctor: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Security protocol one! Do you hear me? One! One-ah! [The Hosts pause their attack.] OK. That gives me three questions. Three questions to save my life, am I right?
- Host: Information: Correct.
- The Doctor: No, that wasn't one of them! I didn't mean it! That's not fair! Can I start again?
- Host: Information: No.
- The Doctor: No! No, no, no, no! That wasn't a question either! Blimey... One question left. One question. All right. So. You've been given orders to kill the survivors but survivors; therefore, must be passengers or staff. But not me. I'm not a passenger, I'm not staff. Go ahead, scan me. [The Hosts do so.] You must have bio-records. No such person on board. I don't exist. Therefore, you can't kill me. Therefore, I'm a stowaway; and stowaways should be arrested and taken to the nearest figure of authority. And I reckon... the nearest figure of authority... is on deck 31. Final question - am I right?
- Host: Information: Correct.
- The Doctor: Brilliant. Take me to your leader. [excitedly] I've always wanted to say that!
- [The bay doors of an advanced chamber on Deck 31 open, revealing the Angel Hosts' authority figure. The Doctor is impressed by the chamber type, as a robotic figure rolls out of it.]
- The Doctor: Ohh, that's clever. That's an omni-state impact chamber. Indestructible! You could survive anything in there! You could sit through a supernova... or a shipwreck. Only one person can have the power and the money to hide themselves onboard like this, [sing-song, quoting the advertisement seen before the crash] and I should know, because...
- [The robotic figure is revealed as Max Capricorn, now just a head connected to a life-support system.]
- Max Capricorn: [smiling fiendishly] My name is Max! [his golden tooth goes ding!, just like in the ad]
- The Doctor: [caught off-guard] It really does that?!?
- The Doctor: Yes! No... Yes! Your business isn't failing, it's failed. Past-tense.
- Max Capricorn: [visibly unhappy by past events] My own board voted me out. Stabbed me in the back!
- The Doctor: If you had a back.
- The Doctor: What's your first name?
- Midshipman Frame: A-Alonso.
- The Doctor: You're kidding me!
- Midshipman Frame: What?
- The Doctor: There's something else I've always wanted to say. Allons-y, Alonso!
- The Doctor: Astrid Peth, citizen of Sto. The woman who looked at the stars and dreamed of travelling. Now you can travel forever. You're not falling, Astrid... You're flying!
Partners in Crime [4.1][편집]
- (5 April 2008)
- [After spending all day hiding in a toilet stall, Donna emerges, but then gets a call from her mother, and hides back in the stall.]
- Donna: Not now!
- Sylvia: I need the car. Where is it?
- Donna: [whispering] The car went missing!
- Sylvia: Why are you whispering?
- Donna: I'm in church.
- Sylvia: What would you do in church?
- Donna: I'm praying.
- Sylvia: [scoffs] A bit late for that, I imagine.
- The Doctor: [mouthing] Donna?
- Donna: [also mouthing] Doctor!
- The Doctor: Wha... Wha... What?
- Donna: Oh! My! God!
- The Doctor: How?
- Donna: [pointing at herself] It's me!
- The Doctor: I can see that!
- Donna: Oh this is brilliant!
- The Doctor: What the hell are you doing there?
- Donna: You! I was looking for you!
- The Doctor: What for?!
- Donna: [miming in a surreal sense while the Doctor looks more and more confused] I was reading... on the internet. This place is weird. Crept along... Heard them talking. [She mimes peeking through the window] You! [Donna gestures and looks toward Miss Foster, who is staring at her]
- Miss Foster: [out loud] Are we interrupting you?
- The Doctor: [mouthing] Run!
- Penny: Oi, you two! You're just mad, do you hear me? Mad! And I'm going to report you for... madness!!
- The Doctor: With Martha, like I said, it got... complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.
- Donna: You just want to mate?!
- The Doctor: I just want a mate!
- Donna: You're not mating with me, sunshine!
- The Doctor: A mate! I want A mate!
- Donna: Well, just as well, cos I'm not having any of that nonsense! You're just a long streak of nothing! Alien nothing!
The Fires of Pompeii [4.2][편집]
- (12 April 2008)
- Lucius Caecilius Iucundus: Who are you?
- The Doctor: I am...Spartacus.
- Donna: And so am I.
- Lucius Caecilius Iucundus: Mr. and Mrs. Spartacus?
- The Doctor: Oh, no-no-no-no-no, we're not married.
- Lucius Caecilius Iucundus: Oh, brother and sister? Yes, of course, you look very much alike.
- [The Doctor and Donna look at each other.]
- The Doctor/Donna: [together] Really?!
- [on announcing that they are to escape into the heart of Mount Vesuvius]
- Donna: No way!
- The Doctor: Yes way, Appian Way!
- [Donna is tied to a sacrificial altar.]
- Spurrina: This prattling voice will cease forever!
- The Doctor: [sardonically] Oh, that'll be the day.
- Spurrina: No man is allowed to enter the Temple of Sybil!
- [Note: Keep in mind that the original Sybil was a soothsayer.]
- The Doctor: Oh that's all right. [mocking] Just us girls. You know, I met the Sybil once. Hell of a woman! Blimey, she could dance a tarantella! Nice teeth... Truth be told, I think she had a bit of a thing for me. I said it would never last, she said "I know". Well, she would. [to Donna, who is still tied to the altar.] You all right there?
- Donna: [sarcastic] Oh, never better.
- The Doctor: I like the toga.
- Donna: Thank you. And the ropes?
- The Doctor: Eh, not so much.
- Caecillius: [discussing the earthquake of AD 62] After the great earthquake seventeen years ago... An awful lot of damage, but we rebuilt.
- The Doctor: Didn't you think of moving away? On, no, then again, San Francisco.
- Caecillius: That's a new restaurant in Naples, isn't it?
- Donna: But if there's aliens setting off the volcano, doesn't that make it all right? For you to stop it?
- The Doctor: Still part of history.
- Donna: Well, I'm history to you. You saved me in 2008, you saved us all. Why's that different?
- The Doctor: Some things are are fixed, some things are in flux. Pompeii is fixed.
- Donna: How do you know which is which?
- [The Doctor turns around and looks Donna right in the eye.]
- The Doctor: 'Cause that's how I see the universe. Every waking second, I can see what is, what was, what could be, what must not. That's the burden of a Time Lord, Donna. And I'm the only one left.
Planet of the Ood [4.3][편집]
- (19 April 2008)
- [Ood Delta 50 returns to Mr. Bartle and places a binder on his desk]
- Mr. Barle: I said military figures. That's the domestic file. [hands back the file]
- Delta-Fifty: [slams the file back down on the desk, as he has an onset of Red Eye] The file is irrelevant, sir.
- Mr. Bartle: Oh, and why is that?
- Delta 50: [kills Mr. Bartle via electrocution from its translator] Have a nice day.
- Solana Mercurio: And you would be...
- The Doctor: The Doctor and Donna Noble.
- Donna Noble: Representing the Noble Corporation, PLC Limited, Intergalactic.
- Solana Mercurio: Must have fallen off my list. My apologies, it won't happen again. Now then, Dr Noble, Mrs Noble, if you'd like to come with me.
- The Doctor: Oh, no, no, no. We're not married.
- Donna Noble: We're so not married.
- The Doctor: Never.
- Donna Noble: Never ever.
- Solana Mercurio: I'd now like to point out a new innovation from Ood Operations. We've introduced a variety package with the Ood Translator Ball. You can now have the "Standard Setting". [to Ood 1] How are you today, Ood?
- Ood 1: [ordinary Ood voice] I'm perfectly well, thank you.
- Solana: Or perhaps, after a stressful day, a little something for the gentlemen. [to Ood 2] And how are you, Ood?
- Ood 2: [husky female voice] All the better for seeing you.
- Solana: And the "Comedy Classic" option. [to Ood 3] Ood, you've dropped something.
- Ood 3: [voice of Homer Simpson] D'oh!
- Ood Sigma: Will you stay? There is room in the song for you.
- The Doctor: Oh, I've, I've... sort of got a song of my own, thanks.
- Ood Sigma: I think your song must end soon.
- The Doctor: [unnerved by this] Meaning?
- Ood Sigma: Every song must end.
The Sontaran Stratagem [4.4][편집]
- (26 April 2008)
- The Doctor: Name?
- General Staal: General Staal of the Tenth Sontaran Battle Fleet. "Staal The Undefeated!"
- The Doctor: Oh that's not a very good nickname. What if you do get defeated? "Staal The Not-Quite-So-Undefeated-Anymore-But-Never-Mind"?
- The Doctor: Ross, just one question: If UNIT think that ATMOS is dodgy...
- Private Ross: How come we've got it in the jeeps? Tell me about it. They're fitted as standard on all government vehicles. Can't get rid of them until we prove something's wrong.
- ATMOS Navigation System: Turn right.
- Private Ross: Drives me around the bend.
- The Doctor: [noticing they are indeed driving around a bend] Oh, nice one!
- Private Ross: Timed that perfectly!
- Martha: Donna, do they know where you are? I mean, your family, that you're travelling with the Doctor?
- Donna: Not really, although my granddad sort of waved us off. I didn't have time to explain.
- Martha: You just left him behind?
- Donna: Yeah.
- Martha: I didn't tell my family. I kept it all so secret, and it almost destroyed them.
- Donna: In what way?
- Martha: They ended up imprisoned. They were tortured, my mum, my dad, my sister. It wasn't the Doctor's fault, but you need to be careful, because you know the Doctor's wonderful and he's brilliant, but he's like fire. Stand too close, and people get burned.
The Poison Sky [4.5][편집]
- (3 May 2008)
- Colonel Mace: Latest firing stock. What do you think, Doctor?
- Doctor: [wearing a gas mask] Are you my mummy?
- Colonel Mace: [annoyed] If you could concentrate...
- Staal: The planet is going nuclear! I admire them; the bravery of idiots is bravery nonetheless!
- Staal: Doctor, you impugn my honour!
- The Doctor: Yeah, I'm really glad you didn't say "belittle", 'cos then I'd have had a field day.
- Commander Skorr: [as the UNIT forces flee the factory] This isn't war! This is sport! [chuckles]
- Martha (Clone): [having trouble speaking] My heart... is getting slower.
- Martha: [apologetic] There's nothing I can do.
- Martha (Clone): In your mind you've got so many plans. There's so much that you want to do.
- Martha: And I will. "Never do tomorrow what you can do today," my mum says, "'Cos—
- Martha (Clone): [finishing the quote] —"'Cos you never know how long you've got, Martha Jones... all that life..."
- [Her heart finally gives out; the Clone's head drops as she dies.]
The Doctor's Daughter [4.6][편집]
- (2008년 5월 10일)
The Unicorn and the Wasp [4.7][편집]
- (17 May 2008)
- [The TARDIS materializes outside a country estate.]
- The Doctor: [Stepping out of the TARDIS] Ah! Smell that air! Grass and lemonade! And a little bit of mint. Just a hint of mint. Must be the 1920s.
- Donna: You can tell what year it is just by smelling?
- The Doctor: Oh, yeah.
- Donna: Or, maybe, that big vintage car coming up the drive gave it away.
- [In the library. Professor Peach is confronted by a figure in the shadows.]
- Professor Peach: I say, what are you doing with that lead piping?! It can't be! [The mysterious person bludgeons the luckless professor with the lead pipe.]
- Agatha Christie: You make a rather unusual couple.
- The Doctor: Oh, no-no-no-no, we're not married.
- Donna Noble: [at the same time] Yeah, we're not a couple.
- Agatha Christie: Well, obviously not. No wedding ring.
- [Donna and the Doctor exchange admiring glances.]
- The Doctor: Oh, oh! You don't miss a trick.
- Donna: It's a murder, a mystery and Agatha Christie!
- The Doctor: So? Happens to me all the time.
- Donna: I know but isn't that a bit weird? Agatha Christie didn't walk around surrounded by murders, not really. That's like meeting Charles Dickens surrounded by ghosts at Christmas!
- Doctor: Well...
- Donna: Oh come on! It's not like we could drive across country and find Enid Blyton having tea with Noddy! Could we? Noddy's not real—is he? Tell me there's no Noddy!
- The Doctor: There's no Noddy.
Donna: When I say "giant", I don't mean "big". I mean "FLIPPIN' ENORMOUS"!
- The Doctor: Salt! I was miming salt! I need salt! I need something salty!
- Donna: [showing him a bag] What about this?
- The Doctor: What is it?!
- Donna: Salt!
- The Doctor: That's too salty!
- Donna: [mocking him] Oh, that's too salty!
Silence in the Library [4.8][편집]
- (31 May 2008)
- The Doctor: The Library. So big it doesn't need a name, just a great big "The".
- [Donna takes a book in her hands, but the Doctor takes it away from her immediately]
- The Doctor: Spoilers!
- Donna: What?
- The Doctor: These books are from your future. If you read ahead, it will spoil all the surprises. Like peeping at the end.
- Donna: Isn't travelling with you one big spoiler?
- The Doctor: I try to keep you away from major plot developments. Which, to be honest, I seem to be really bad at.
- The Doctor: Oh, you're not, are you? Tell me you're not archaeologists.
- River Song: Got a problem with archaeologists?
- The Doctor: I'm a time traveller. I point and laugh at archaeologists.
- The Doctor: Almost every species in the universe has an irrational fear of the dark, but they're wrong, because it's not irrational. It's Vashta Nerada.
- Donna: What's "Vashta Nerada?"
- The Doctor: It's what's in the dark. It's what's always in the dark.
Forest of the Dead [4.9][편집]
- (2008년 6월 7일)
- (14 June 2008)
- (21 June 2008)
- Private Harris: We found a body, sir. Over.
- UNIT Command: Is it him? Over.
- Private Harris: I think so. He just didn't make it out in time. [As the stretcher is lifted, a limp hand falls to the side, dropping a sonic screwdriver] The Doctor is dead. Must have happened too fast for him to regenerate.
- Rose Tyler: Just remember: when you get to the junction, change the car's direction by one minute past ten.
- Donna: How do I do that?
- Rose Tyler: That's up to you.
- Donna: Well, I just have to run up to myself and have a good argument.
- Rose Tyler: I'd like to see that!
- Donna: [remembering Rose in her parallel world] But she told me... to warn you. She said two words...
- The Doctor: What two words? What were they? What did she say?
- Donna: Bad Wolf.
- [The Doctor looks incredibly panicked]
- Donna: W-What does it mean?
- [Without responding to her, The Doctor immediately rushes out of the fortune teller's shop to see any and every visible text rendered as "Bad Wolf". Horrified, he runs to his TARDIS, only to find that it too displays only the words "Bad Wolf". He enters the TARDIS, which is bathed in a red light and is ringing the Cloister Bell.]
- Donna: Doctor, what is it? What's Bad Wolf?
- The Doctor: It's the end of the universe!
The Stolen Earth [4.12][편집]
- (28 June 2008)
- Rose: [walks into an electronics store when two people are looting it] Right! You two! You can put that stuff down, or run for your lives. [powers up her big gun] Do you like my gun? [The looters take one look and leg it]
- Mr Smith: I'm receiving a communication from the Earth-bound ships. They have a message for the human race.
- Sarah Jane Smith: Put it through. Let's hear it.
- Daleks: Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!
- [The transmission continues. Jack Harkness, Sarah Jane Smith and Martha Jones all hear it, and react in horror.]
- Jack: No. Ohhh, no!
- Gwen: What is it? Who are they? Do you know them, Jack?!
- Sarah Jane Smith: [whispers] No...
- Jack: [clutching Ianto and Gwen to him and kissing them on the forehead] There's nothing I can do. I'm sorry, we're dead.
- Sarah Jane Smith: [crying] No, not them. You're so young! [hugs Luke]
- Harriet Jones: Captain, I'm transferring the subwave network to Torchwood. You're in charge now. And tell the Doctor from me: he chose his companions well. It's been an honour. [Three Daleks break in. Harriet stands up, dignified, and faces the Daleks] Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister!
- Daleks: Yes, we know who you are.
- Harriet Jones: Oh, you know nothing of any human, and that will be your downfall. [dies]
- [The Doctor gets shot. Rose keeps running towards him. Jack appears and shoots the Dalek.]
- Rose: [cradling the Doctor] I've got you. I missed you. Look, it's me, Doctor!
- The Doctor: [weakened and in pain] Rose! Long time, no see!
- Rose: Yeah, well, I've been busy, you know...
- [Rose looks distraught. Captain Jack pulls her away.]
- Jack: Here we go! Good luck, Doctor!
- [The Doctor, wracked with pain, hauls himself on to the TARDIS control panel.]
- Donna: [hysterical] Will someone please tell me what is going on?!
- Rose: When he's dying, his body... it repairs itself, it changes... but you can't!
- The Doctor: I'm sorry, it's too late! I'm regenerating! [his head snaps back as the regeneration energy blasts out of his arms and head]
Journey's End [4.13][편집]
- (5 July 2008)
- Donna: It's you!
- The New Doctor: Oh, yes.
- Donna: [awkwardly looking to her side] You're naked!
- The New Doctor: Oh, yes.
- Dalek Caan: The Doctor's soul is finally revealed! [laughs sinisterly] See him! See the heart of him! [laughs some more]
- Davros: The man who abhors violence, never carrying a gun. But this is the truth, Doctor. You take ordinary people and you fashion them into weapons. Behold your Children of Time transformed into murderers. I made the Daleks, Doctor. You made this.
- The Doctor: [weakly] They're trying to help.
- Davros: Already I have seen them sacrifice today for their beloved Doctor. The Earth woman who fell opening the Subwave Network.
- The Doctor: Who was that?
- Rose: Harriet Jones. She gave her life to get you here.
- Davros: How many more? Just think - how many have died in your name?
- [Several flashbacks - Jabe, the Controller, Lynda Moss, Sir Robert MacLeish, Angela Price, Colin Skinner, Bridget Sinclair, Ursula Blake, the Face of Boe, Chantho, Luke Rattigan, Jenny, River Song, and the Hostess]
- Davros: The Doctor. The man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not, out of shame. This is my final victory, Doctor. I have shown you... yourself.
- The Doctor: Davros, come with me! I promise I can save you!
- Davros: Never forget, Doctor, you did this! I name you forever! You are the destroyer of worlds!
- The Doctor: [positioning the others around the console] Sarah, hold that. Mickey, you hold that. 'Cos you know why this TARDIS is always rattling about the place? Rose: that, there. It's designed to have six pilots and I have to do it single-handed- Martha, keep that level- But not any more! Jack, there you go, steady that. Now we can fly this thing- N-no, Jackie, no, no, not you. Don't touch anything, just... stand back. Like it's meant to be flown! We got the Torchwood rift looped around the TARDIS by Mr Smith. We are gonna fly Planet Earth back home. Right, then, off we go.
- The Doctor: I just want you to know, there are worlds out there, safe in the sky because of her. That there are people living in the light, and singing songs of Donna Noble. A thousand, million light years away. They will never forget her, while she can never remember. [visibly upset] But for one moment, one shining moment, she was the most important woman in the whole wide universe.
- Sylvia: She still is. [insistently] She's my daughter!
- The Doctor: Then maybe you should tell her that once in a while!
- Wilf: I'll watch out for you, son.
- The Doctor: [insistent] You can't ever tell her!
- Wilf: No, no—but every night, Doctor, when it gets dark, and the stars come out, I'll look up on her behalf. I'll look up at the sky, and think of you.
- The Doctor: Thank you.
The Next Doctor [4.14][편집]
- (25 December 2008)
- The "Next" Doctor: I'm the Doctor! Simply "the Doctor"! The one, the only, and the best! [winks] Rosita, hand me the sonic screwdriver!
- The Tenth Doctor: The what?
- The "Next" Doctor: Now quickly, get back to the TARDIS.
- The Tenth Doctor: Back to the what?
- The "Next" Doctor: [gesturing for the Doctor to move back] If you could stand back, sir, this is a job for a Time Lord.
- The Tenth Doctor: Job for a what-lord?
- [A Cybershade bursts through the door.]
- The Tenth Doctor: Oh, that's different. [reaches into his coat]
- The "Next" Doctor: [at the same time as the Doctor] Oh, that's new.
- Both Doctors: [brandishing sonic screwdrivers silmultaneously] Allons-y!
- [Both Doctors turn to each other incredulously]
- The "Next" Doctor: It's strange, though. I talk of Cybermen... from the stars... and you don't blink, Mr. Smith.
- The Doctor: Ah, don't blink, whatever you do, don't blink, remember that? The blinking and the statues and... Sally and the angels? No?
- The "Next" Doctor: You're a very odd man.
- The Doctor: Mmm... I still am.
- The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.
- Cyberman: Incorrect: You do not correspond to our image of the Doctor.
- The Doctor: Yeah, but that's cause your database got corrupted. Oh, look, look, look. Check this. [produces an infostamp] The Doctor's info stamp. [throws it at the Cyberman, who catches it in mid-air and opens and examines the core] Plug it in, go on, download.
- Cyberman: The core has been damaged. This info stamp would damage Cyber units.
- The Doctor: [defeated] Ah, well, nice try!
- Cyberman: The core has been repaired. [The Cyberman plugs the infostamp into its chest. It sees various images of the Tenth Doctor] You are the Doctor.
- The Doctor: [happily] Hello!
- Cyberman: You will be deleted!
Planet of the Dead [4.15][편집]
- (11 April 2009)
- The Doctor: Come on, allons-y!
- Lady Christina de Souza: Oui, mais pas si nous allons vers un cauchemar. ["Yes, but not if we're going into a nightmare."]
- The Doctor: [impressed] Oh, we were made for each other!
- Captain Erisa Magambo: [on the phone] Doctor, this is Captain Erisa Magambo. [salutes] Might I say, sir, it's an honour.
- The Doctor: Did you just salute?
- Capt. Magambo: [embarrassed] No.
- Carmen: You take care now, Doctor.
- The Doctor: You, too! Chops and gravy, lovely!
- Carmen: No, but you be careful, because your song is ending, sir.
- The Doctor: [visibly unnerved] What do you mean?
- Carmen: It is returning, it is returning through the dark. And then Doctor... oh, but then... he will knock four times.
The Waters of Mars [4.16][편집]
- (19 December 2009)
- Adelaide: [Pointing her gun at the Doctor] State your name, rank, and intention!
- The Doctor: The Doctor. Doctor. Fun.
- Tarak: What the hell? It's a man. A man on Mars! How?
- Steffi: He was wearing this thing. (His orange spacesuit) I have never seen anything like it.
- Tarak: What did Mission Control say?
- Steffi: They're out of range for ten hours with the solar flares.
- Adelaide: If we could cut the chat, everyone.
- The Doctor: Actually, chat's second on my list, the first being gun pointed at my head. Which then puts my head second and chat third, I think. Gun, head, chat, yeah. I hate lists. But you could hurt someone with that thing. Just put it down.
- Adelaide: Oh, you'd like that.
- The Doctor: Can you find me someone who wouldn't?
- Adelaide: Why should I trust you?
- The Doctor: Because I give you my word. And forty million miles away from home, my word is all you've got.
- Andy: [Holding a pair of carrots he's just washed] The very first garden off Earth. Everything brand new. Eden. That's what we should have called this place. [Takes a bite of one of the carrots]
- Maggie: It's the Philippines. I bet. If there's someone else on Mars, it's got to be the Philippines. All those stories about them building a rocket. [Behind her back, Andy starts jerking] Adelaide's going to love that. Stealing her thunder. Mind you, worth it to see her face. Or it could be the Spanish. They kept that Spacelink project under wraps. Didn't your sister work for them? [Sees Andy on his knees completely still] Are you all right, mate? Come on, stop mucking about. Andy? Are you okay?
- [Andy turns around, revealing that his eyes are white and the skin around his mouth has grey cracks in it and water is dribbling out. Maggie screams]
- Adelaide: What's that device?
- The Doctor: Screwdriver.
- Adelaide: Are you the Doctor or the Janitor?
- The Doctor: I dunno, sounds like me. The maintenance man of the universe.
- Adelaide: [The Flood] can't be stopped! Don't die with us!
- The Doctor: No, 'cos someone told me just recently, they said I was going to die. They said, "he will knock four times," and I think I know what that means, and it doesn't mean right here, right now, 'cos I don’t hear anyone knocking, do you?
- [The Flood-possessed Andy, in response, knocks three times on the door in response]
- The Doctor: Three knocks is all you're getting! [electrifies the door] Water and electricity: bad mix! Now then what else have we got?
- Adelaide: But there’s no way to fight them!
- The Doctor: Heat! They use water; we can use heat! Works against the Ice Warriors, works against the Flood. Ramp up the environment controls and steam them!
- Adelaide: But you said we die! For the future! for the human race!
- The Doctor: But there are laws. There are laws of time. Once upon a time there were people in charge of those laws, but they died. They all died. Do you know who that leaves? Me! It's taken me all these years to realise the laws of time are mine, and they will obey me!
- The Doctor: We're not just fighting the Flood, we're fighting Time itself! And I'm gonna win!
- Adelaide: No one should have that much power!
- The Doctor: Tough.
- Adelaide: [nervous] You should have left us there.
- The Doctor: Adelaide, I've done this sort of thing before. In small ways, save some little people, but never someone as important as you-oh, I'm good!
- Adelaide: [furious] "Little people"!? What, like Mia and Yuri? Who decides they're so unimportant!? You!?
- The Doctor: [cold and triumphant] For a long time now, I thought I was just a survivor, but I'm not. I'm the winner! That's who I am. The Time Lord Victorious!
- Adelaide: And there's no one to stop you?
- The Doctor: No.
- Adelaide: [disgusted] This is wrong, Doctor! I don't care who you are: the Time Lord Victorious is wrong!
- The Doctor: [arrogantly] That's for me to decide.
- [Adelaide has killed herself to prevent the Doctor from altering time. A projection of Ood Sigma appears before the Doctor.]
- The Doctor: I've gone too far. Is this it? My death? Is it time!?
- [Sigma fades away. The Doctor enters the TARDIS, and the Cloister Bell sounds].
- The Doctor: [defiantly] No!
The End of Time [4.17–4.18][편집]
- (25 December 2009 - 1 January 2010)
- Narrator: It is said that in the final days of planet Earth, everyone had bad dreams. To the west of the north of that world, the human race did gather, in celebration of a pagan rite to banish the dark and the cold. Each and everyone of those people had dreamt of the terrible things to come, but they forgot... because they must. They forgot their nightmares of fire and war and insanity. They forgot, except for one...
- The Doctor: Ah, now! Sorry, there you are. So, where we? I was summoned, wasn't I? The Ood in the snow, calling to me. Well, I didn't just have to come straight here; had a bit of fun. You know, traveled about, did this and that, got into trouble, you know me. But it was brilliant. I saw the phosphorous carousel of the Great Magellan Gestadt, saved a planet from the Red Carnivorous Maw, named a galaxy Alison. Got married! That was a mistake. Good Queen Bess. And let me tell you, her nickname is no longer-- [clears throat] anyway, what do you want?
- Ood Sigma: You should not have delayed.
- The Doctor: Last time I was here, you said my song would be ending soon. And I'm in no hurry for that.
- Ood Sigma: You will come with me.
- The Doctor: Hold on. Better lock the TARDIS. [points the TARDIS key at the TARDIS, which chirps like a sports car as its light flashes. He looks back at Ood Sigma] Eh? Like a car. I l— locked it, like a car. [Ood Sigma looks unamused] That's... funny. No? Little bit? [exhales] Blimey, trying to make an Ood laugh...
- The Doctor: [bluntly] I'm going to die.
- Wilfred: Well, so am I one day.
- The Doctor: Don't you dare!
- Wilfred: Alright, I'll try not to! [chuckles]
- The Doctor: But I was told: "He will knock four times". That was the prophecy: knock four times and then...
- Wilfred: Yeah, but I thought, when I saw you before, your people could change like your whole body...
- The Doctor: I can still die. If I'm killed before regeneration, then I'm dead. Even then, even if I change, it feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away... and I'm dead.
- Narrator: And so it came to pass that the players took their final places, making ready the events that were to come. [The Master sits alone in an abandoned warehouse, gnawing on a bone] The madman, sat in his empire of dust and ashes, little knowing of the glory he would achieve, [The Doctor is shown outside, looking into the warehouse] while his saviour looked upon the wilderness, in the hope of changing his inevitable fate. [Cuts to Joshua and Abigail Naismith, drinking champagne and observing the Immortaility Gate] Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future... a future now doomed to never happen. As Earth rolled onwards into night, the people of that world did sleep, and shiver, somehow knowing that dawn would bring only one thing: the final day!
- Narrator: And so it came to pass on Christmas Day, that the human race did cease to exist. But even then, the Master had no concept of his role in greater events. For this was far more than humanity's end! This was the day upon which the whole of creation would change forever!
- [The Narrator is revealed to be Lord President of the Time Lords, addressing the Panopticon, packed with fellow Time Lords.]
- Lord President: This was the day... the Time Lords returned. For Gallifrey!
- Time Lords: For Gallifrey!
- Lord President: For victory!
- Time Lords: For victory!
- Lord President: For the end of Time itself!
- Time Lords: For the end of Time itself!
- The Doctor: It's not that I'm an innocent. I've taken lives. I got worse, I got clever. Manipulated people into taking their own. Sometimes, I think a Time Lord lives too long...
- Rassilon: Now the High Council of Time Lords must vote whether we die here today, or return to the waking world and complete the Ultimate Sanction. For this is the hour when either Gallifrey falls, or... Gallifrey rises!
- Time Lords: Gallifrey rises!
- Rassilon: Gallifrey rises!
- The Doctor: There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom and consolation to the soul in times of need.
- Addams: What's that, then?
- The Doctor: [shouts] Allons-y!!
- [Wilf is trapped in a control booth. He knocks four times, unknowingly reminding the Doctor of the prophecy of his death]
- Wilf: They gone, then? Yeah, good-o. If you could, uh, let me out?
- The Doctor: [quiet, choked] Yeah.
- Wilf: Only, this thing seems to be making a bit of a noise.
- The Doctor: The Master... left the Nuclear Bolt running. It's gone into overload.
- Wilf: And that's bad, is it?
- The Doctor: No... because all the excess radiation gets vented inside there. Vinvocci glass contains it. All five hundred thousand rads, about to flood that thing.
- Wilf: Oh. Well, you'd better let me out, then.
- The Doctor: Except it's gone critical. Touch one control, and it floods. [holding up the sonic screwdriver] Even this would set it off.
- Wilf: I'm sorry.
- The Doctor: [quietly] Sure.
- Wilf: Look, just leave me.
- The Doctor: [angrily walking around the room] Okay, right, then, I will. 'Cos you just had to go in there, didn't you?! You had